I learned the secret to successful collaborations playing roller derby.
THAT’S THE FIRST LINE OF MY NEW BOOK!!
New book, you say? YES! I’ve got a new book launching the first week in November, most likely titled Creative Collaborations. I’m sharing the reasons why you want to work with other creative people, tips and best practices, things to avoid, and giving some really specific examples of the kinds of collaborations you might consider.
Plus tips from twenty or so other people who collaborated (see what I did there??) to share their tips for collaborations and specific kinds of partnerships.
In Creative Collaborations you’ll learn about:
- YouTube Collabs from Amy Schmittauer
- Box Set Sales from Bryan Cohen
- Twitter Chats with Madalyn Sklar
- Podcast Cohosting with Chris Syme
- Guest Posts with Jane Friedman
- Ultimate Bundles with Mandi Ehrman
- Virtual Summits with Bailey Richert
- Newsletter Swaps with Jamie Davis
- Affiliate Promotions with Summer Tannhauser
- Virtual Events with Nicole Culver
- Product Bundles with Meera Kothand
- Married Collaborations with Roland Denzel
- Collaborating Through Voxer with Marianne West
- In-person Retreats with Andi Cumbo-Floyd
A Book of Manners on Collaborations
While the book has a ton of great, specific ideas for kinds of creative collaborations, the first half is more of a book of manners. You’ll read about:
- why you should NOT just reach up to larger influencers
- mistakes you might be making
- the kinds of pitches that will get people to say yes
- what you need to know before you reach out
- the kinds of asks that burn bridges
- why your attitude matters more than you think
I’ve learned so much over the past ten years about collaborations! Both from the partnerships I’ve initiated and the kinds of pitches I receive. (Note: I DO NOT WANT YOUR INFOGRAPHIC. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME YOUR INFOGRAPHIC.) I’m so excited to share what I’ve learned with you so that you can have your own successful partnerships!
Want to Come to My Launch Party?
I’m hosting a Book Launch Birthday Party that will be a mix of friends and social media blogging connections! With some great sponsors in the works, it will be a fabulous and fun time with food, drink, a photo booth with shark hoodies, and copies of my book! Find out more and RSVP here!
FAQs about the Party
Do I have to bring a present?
NO. You are welcome to buy books (there or digitally), but do not need to bring a present or buy a book. I’ll have copies that I can sign and sell!
Where is it?
Downtown Houston. Find the address and all details HERE!
What should I wear?
Dress code is: FUN. Whatever that means to you. Dress up! Wear pajamas! Honestly, I don’t care. If sweat pants is all that fits you right now, go ahead!
Will there be food & drink?
Yes! I hope to announce sponsors soon, but there will be food and drink (alcoholic & non). Not so much dinner, but a spread of party foods.
What if I’m not interested in a book about collaborations?
Totally okay! Come to support me and celebrate my birthday!
What if I only know you online?
Totally okay! Please come and we can meet IRL and take a picture for social media. I would love it!
What if I want to come but can’t?
I’ll be posting live videos on Facebook during the party! I’ll also send out an email and digital goody bag for people on my email list. Sign up for my email list HERE!
When does it end?
The “official” event will end around 9:30, but I have the location until later, so feel free to stick around and have conversations. We will likely stop serving alcohol around 9:30 (but you can also BYOB for the after party).