This post will share some tips on how to create binge-worthy content. You’ve gotten hooked on a Netflix show before, right? Learn to create this effect with your own content and within your medium.
Netflix may have shaped our world more than we know. We definitely binged on TV shows (and I, before that, on books), but it involved driving out to Blockbuster to see if we could find the next disc for 24. (Maybe great TV shows actually contribute to this as much as Netflix…) But when Netflix disrupted the video rental market by creating streaming TV and movies at home, it was a game changer.
We are bingers. Netflix keeps tabs on this. We do a lot of bingeing.
So how can we apply this binge propensity to our work? This is where we turn readers into raving fans. It’s where people go deep and really engage with our content. Let’s get into some practical tips on this.
Listen to How to Create Binge-Worthy Content
How to Create Binge-Worthy Content
- serial content
- emotional investment
- leading people along a journey
- what people are interested in
Improve Your Bounce Rate with this episode from Boss Girl Creative!
Specific Tips to Help You Keep People Binge-ing on Your Content
- set up the next posts people need to read or make series
- have landing pages for series, link to the next at the end
- in email, have a cliffhanger, call things part one and two
- use people’s language and write what they want and why
Links Mentioned in the Show